With more and more laptop coolers passing through our doors, I have seen enough to get a basic feel for the market. Some coolers look like space ships with bulky plastic and rubber pieces and get surrounded by LEDs; some with and some without lighting control. If I was a teenager again, these things would all appeal to me, and at that point I know noise wasn't as much of an issue for me back then, but with lots of other things going on in the world around a PC, I like to see performance without making my ears bleed in the process.
While I was receiving coolers from Antec and Cooler Master, I asked NZXT for the Cryo LX to see what they have in store for the notebook cooling market. I mean we have just seen their LED kits, the Bunker, and those very nice looking wiring adapters, I figured they had to take some of that creativity into other products they produce, and NZXT seems more than happy to oblige me with my desire to want to see it.
Today we will be taking a close look at the Cryo LX, the "largest full aluminum notebook cooler". Not only does this notebook cooler offer an extruded aluminum construction, it also offers plenty of air flow. Even at first glance on the site or looking at the coolers packaging, it isn't hard to tell that NZXT is offering a classy looking addition to your desktop as well. I say we get to the specifics and key features of the Cryo LX, disassemble it a bit, and get to the testing to see if the "largest" cooler means the "best" notebook cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!