Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W; whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are equal to the SilverStone ST1000-P PSU, we can test it to the maximum.
As you can see from the charts above, the SilverStone ST1000-P absolutely excelled in our tests. The voltage regulation is impeccable all the way across the board on what most would say borders on perfection. The 3.3V rail is rock solid at a steady 3.37V and the 5V and 5VSB rails barely change at all. Only the -12V rail showed any significant signs of voltage variation, but even it still stays well within specifications. As far as performance is concerned, one simply couldn't ask for anything better.
As I stated at the beginning of this article, SilverStone is well known for their quality power supplies. Their ST1000-P is no exception and performs better than any other PSU I've tested to date. It's good to see a product that stands behind a company's claims of quality and design. Silverstone has scored big with the ST1000-P.
Buyers themselves also score big with the ST1000-P as it offers something exceptional for what you spend on it. The performance alone is well worth the cost of the ST1000-P which is also competitively priced amongst similar units. Adding in the 3 year warranty, the option for shorter cables if needed, relatively high efficiency and some included cable management just seals the deal to where you can't go wrong at all with the SilverStone ST1000-P.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft exploring blockchain tech for its games
- Roy Taylor leaves AMD, rolls AMD Studios into main company
- Super Smash Bros coming to Switch in 2018, says insider
- Payday 2 Switch port is outdated version
- Metal Gear Survive charges for extra save files
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit