The Build and Finished Product
This photo is more for show than to demonstrate how to get hardware installed. I had to remove six little screws, the hot swappable drive bay up top, and a grounding wire to get this photo so I don't suggest you go through the hassle. As you can see, this chassis it is fully open to airflow. The door holds the three red LED fans with incorporated dust screens which you will soon see. If you do have the need to go this far in dismantling the chassis, be very careful as most of the wiring is tightly routed inside and will make this a tough venture.
Each of the three front panels can be open individually. At the bottom, I lifted the filter's tab and slid it up so you could see it. Cleaning and installation are made really simple with this implementation of individual doors.
Covering the top three optical bays are these swing out guards. They have tabs to hold them in place and easily open to allow for installation and drive use. One down side is that these always need to be opened to use an optical drive.
The DF-85 is all wired up and ready for power at this point. I can definitely say that installation was a breeze. The holes are all in the right places for wires, and when installation is completed this case leaves a clean finished product. You may notice the wire hanging out the back. This is the USB 3.0 wire, and it is run through that funny shaped expansion slot cover to allow it to plug into the back of a USB 3.0 capable motherboard.
As you can see, the covers make for an attractive looking chassis. In all honesty, I don't like covers on my functional parts; it just makes an extra step I have to go through to put in or take out a disc. Digital media is making this less of an issue, but if I want to get a disc in and out I prefer no obstacles in my way.
At the bottom of each of the individual doors you will find a little knob. These allows for speed control of each of the front fans. Having to adjust three knobs may be overkill for some, but it is very handy to have them easily accessible from the outside.
I left the wires sort of haphazardly routed to test the gap between the steel panels. With the wire retainers supplied and a few zip ties, cleaning up my mess is really easy. As for the results of the testing, I found the panel went on easily over these wires. This is a godsend from Antec; it took two men and a large boy to get the rear panel on my 900.
Just before I flip the switch, I stepped back to absorb all that is the Dark Fleet 85 from Antec.
Under power, the DF85 has a mild red glow. The three front fans and the two exhaust fans will all glow like this. Being accustomed to Antec's typical blue LEDs, this is a nice change to see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Antec Dark Fleet-85 Full Tower Case]
- Page 4 [Inside the Antec Dark Fleet Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution