LaCie has done a good job of getting quite a bit of information on the front of the package. At the bottom left we can see the SuperSpeed USB logo and next to us a logo showing up to 110MB/s transfer rates. Next to that we see the Wuala logo for the online storage. Being able to see the drive is a big plus and LaCie puts it right out there.
The back of the package explains in detail USB 3.0 and give some examples about the file transfer speeds while comparing the same transfers to USB 2.0. If orange is not your color of choice then you can also purchase different rubber surrounds for your Rugged; those details are listed on the back as well.
The inner packaging is setup so the actual drive enclosure is separate from the accessory package.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 comes with a quick install guide that is printed and two cables. The first cable is a USB 3.0 to USB mini 3.0 and the second has a USB connector (2.0 or 3.0) that goes to a barrel plug. The second cable is used to provide additional power to the enclosure when attaching it to a USB 2.0 port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 500GB External HDD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit