LaCie has done a good job of getting quite a bit of information on the front of the package. At the bottom left we can see the SuperSpeed USB logo and next to us a logo showing up to 110MB/s transfer rates. Next to that we see the Wuala logo for the online storage. Being able to see the drive is a big plus and LaCie puts it right out there.
The back of the package explains in detail USB 3.0 and give some examples about the file transfer speeds while comparing the same transfers to USB 2.0. If orange is not your color of choice then you can also purchase different rubber surrounds for your Rugged; those details are listed on the back as well.
The inner packaging is setup so the actual drive enclosure is separate from the accessory package.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 comes with a quick install guide that is printed and two cables. The first cable is a USB 3.0 to USB mini 3.0 and the second has a USB connector (2.0 or 3.0) that goes to a barrel plug. The second cable is used to provide additional power to the enclosure when attaching it to a USB 2.0 port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 500GB External HDD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz