It just wouldn't be a new month without another video card launch from someone. The latest model number to fall upon us is the GTX 460 and as you might've guessed, it's a new mid range model that is designed to sit below the GTX 465 which has become a personal favorite of mine.
The GTX 460 has been talked about for a while now along with the potential of the card when it comes to overclocking. While we won't be diving into that today in much detail, we're finding that most companies are choosing to ignore the stock clocks from NVIDIA and offer us overclocked variants straight away. In the coming week or two we'll be no doubt looking at how far we can push the card.
The first version of the card we're looking at comes from MSI and is a 768MB model. You might've heard rumors of two versions, 768MB and 1GB. This is true, but there's more to the two models than just some extra memory. Outside the standard numbers we're used to seeing, the 1GB variant of the card should pack a little extra punch due to an increase in the right areas. We'll be looking closer at that when we check out a 1GB version of the model which will be showing up today as well.
For now, let's see what MSI has going with the package before taking a closer look at the card, its specification and of course the performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Devil May Cry 5 Ultra Limited Edition costs $8600
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- JLab Audio Launches Over-Ear Sport Headphone
- Turtle Beach Launches The Elite SuperAmp Pro Performance Gaming Audio Controller For Xbox One And PlayStation 4
- Huawei launches Huawei Watch GT and Huawei Band 3 Pro
- Porsche Design and Huawei reveal the new Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei unveils Huawei Mate 20 series