Block Rockin' Beats
One thing that struck me as a clever design aspect with these headphone jacks is the lack of colour on the outer rubber casing. Instead Razer has decided to colour the isolation rings inside the gold plated jacks themselves to give that touch of pure class!
With the headphones plugged in, I quickly scour my music selection for a few good test tunes, some beats, some melodies and some classical.
Another thing struck me as being different about these headphones compared to their smaller brethren, the Piranha, is the lack of a USB connector to make the Razer logos light up. Where are my blue LEDs? - I demand blue LEDs!
After a few hours of testing and messing around with volumes and such, I can say that these headphones do not disappoint. The bass is big, the treble is peaky and the mids are broad and filling. Razer has really made sure that they have included some quality units inside these cans, that's for sure.
Of course, testing them with music is one thing; but how do they compare to in-game usage? - There is only one way to find out.
Loading up some TF2, you can really hear the insults coming in nice and clear. Right down to the mouth breathing. The sounds of the sentries are sweet music to my ears.
Going a bit more atmospheric now, into HL2 there is a really nice environment created by the quality of these headphones; the soundtrack and the background noises really start to creep you out after a while. The only downside of course is that these are not surround sound, so there is only bi-directional sound location awareness.
So, with the sound reproduction quality laid to rest, it's time to look at the microphone's abilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard