Now that my Computex spanning embargo has lifted; back to some Blu-ray news!
Panasonic have announced that Australian stores should now have in stock the DMR-BW500. Uninspiring model number I know.
What is inspiring, however, is that this marks the first Blu-ray recorder to be released outside of Japan. Even better is the price: $2,299 AUD. A lot of money to be sure, but lower than the first DVD recorder to hit the Australian market in late 2000; they started at $6,499!
I have been hassling Panasonic for a review unit for a TweakTown first look, but so far unsuccessful. Of course, persistence is a trait of mine...
For now, take a gander at this mechanical beastie.
Last updated: Sep 7, 2019 at 03:17 pm CDT
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020