The world of ATX 3.0 power supplies is about to open up, where we've seen MSI's new MEG Ai1300P being the world's first ATX 3.0 PSU, and now we've got the Seasonic "PS Vertex" series PSUs being teased.
Seasonic's new PS Vertex power supplies will come in 1000W to 1200W variants, with 80+ Gold through to 80+ Platinum series, with the new PSU family from Seasonic being ATX 3.0 ready. We've got a single 16-pin PCIe 5.0-ready power connector, which is capable of driving 600W of power into a next-gen graphics card.
Seasonic has used a fully modular design on its 80+ Platinum series, while there is just partial modular goodness to be had on the 80+ Gold series PS Vertex PSUs. When it comes to pricing, we're looking at between $243 for the Seasonic PS Vertex GX-1000 ATX 3.0 1000W 80+ Gold PSU, $271 for the Seasonic PS Vertex PX-1000 ATX 3.0 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU, and then $281 for the Seasonic PS Vertex GX-1200 ATX 3.0 1200W 80+ Gold PSU, and then at the very top Seasonic's new PS Vertex PX-1200 ATX 3.0 1200W 80+ Platinum PSU for $319.
- Read more: MSI MEG Ai1300P: world's first ATX 3.0 PSU + 600W PCIe 5.0 connector
- Read more: MSI MEG PCIe 5.0 + ATX 3.0 PSUs: ready for 3 x GPU power excursion
- Read more: Intel intros ATX 3.0, ATX12VO 2.0 standards, for next-gen 600W GPUs
- Read more: PCIe 5.0 '12VHPWR' power connector: 150W, 300W, 450W, 600W settings
- Read more: PCIe 5.0 power connector allows up to 600W of power, for next-gen GPUs
- Read more: PCIe 5.0 GPUs can have 'power excursions', use up to 1800W of power