GIGABYTE has just confirmed that all of its AIO liquid coolers and its tower fans for multi-platforms, have brackets for AMD's new Socket AM5.
AMD's new Socket AM5 (LGA1718) will be ready for the world of the next-gen Zen 4 architecture and upcoming Ryzen 7000 series CPUs, with GIGABYTE saying that all of its current coolers will work on the new AM5 socket without having to buy any additional brackets or fans.
GIGABYTE takes into consideration the platform variation in the initial design stage of its AIO liquid cooler and tower fans. GIGABYTE first confirmed the continuity of the AM4 brackets on the new AM5 platform, and then tested out all of its AIO liquid coolers and towier fans to make sure they all worked... and had optimal thermal performance on the new platform "through rigorous tests".
- Read more: AMD's new AM5 socket: backwards compatible with AM4 coolers
- Read more: GIGABYTE's new X670E AORUS Xtreme motherboard looks incredible
- Read more: Arctic: yep, all of our CPU coolers will work on AMD's new AM5 socket
- Read more: Noctua's entire stack of coolers support AMD's new AM5 socket, but one
If you've just purchased a new GIGABYTE AIO liquid cooler or tower fan, you're safe: it'll work on a next-gen AM5 motherboard. I've got a list of the coolers for your convenience below:
- AORUS WATERFORCE X 360
- AORUS WATERFORCE X 280
- AORUS WATERFORCE X 240
- AORUS WATERFORCE 360
- AORUS WATERFORCE 280
- AORUS WATERFORCE 240
- AORUS LIQUID COOLER 360
- AORUS LIQUID COOLER 280
- AORUS LIQUID COOLER 240
- > NEXT STORY: PlayStation mobile push to be led by Fate Grand Order dev Lasengle
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Elden Ring to get seamless co-op, next-gen exploring is coming