nV News have let us know that there is a new build of Fraps out, 2.9.2. This latest version deals with the following :-
- Fixed Direct Stream sound recording with 5.1 speaker configuration
- Fixed World Of Warcraft crash if Alt-Tab pressed while recording
- Fixed startup error under XP when Alky installed
- Fixed DX10 support when DXGI_PRESENT_TEST flag used
- Fixed function keys not responding in FFXI
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:
Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped.
Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560x1600 on dual-core CPUs (1152x864 single-core) at up to 100 frames per second!
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 09:06 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- EA cancels new open-world Star Wars Battlefront game from EA Vancouver
- New Luigi's Mansion 3 teaser trailer showcases co-op play with Gooigi
- GTA addict will drive NON STOP in GTA 5 until GTA 6 is released
- DOOM Eternal accidentally released without DRM, Bethesda patches it in