AMD have rolled out a new desktop processor today which tops their desktop lineup of Athlon 64 X2 chips. The new "Black Edition" (not sure where they get that from) Athlon 64 X2 6400+ runs at a clockspeed of 3.2GHz with 2MB of L2 cache. AMD's website confirms the pricing at $251.
It's also worth pointing out that AMD have apparently elected not to allow samples be given to reviewers. One can easily assume the most likely reason for this is that they're well aware Intel's sheer dominance with Core 2 wouldn't allow it to earn any awards.
Tech Report have a few more details about the new chip here.
Last updated: Sep 7, 2019 at 02:36 pm CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- AMD's new Korean RRA certification listing: our new Big Navi tease?