UPDATE:Bloomberg's Jason Schreier reports that Starfield is "nowhere near done" and will release later than expected.
Starfield could be pegged for an early 2022 release on Xbox and PC, reports say.
A bit ago VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb "confirmed" Starfield would skip PlayStation consoles and be exclusive to PC and Xbox. Now Grubb is corroborating an off-the-cuff prediction from Kinda Funny's Blessing Adeoye about a Q1 2022 release for Starfield. Grubb's info has proven to be accurate in the past, especially with Nintendo news.
While Bethesda has yet to announce any official details (those are likely coming during E3 2021), fans speculate Starfield could launch during 2/22/22 and continue Bethesda's iconic trend of launch timings. Remember that Skyrim released nearly ten years ago on 11/11/11.
Reports indicate Bethesda originally wanted to launch Starfield in 2021 but the game was pushed back to coronavirus complications. COVID-19 has led to tons of game delays as workers are forced to stay at home rather than work in offices, which interrupts the already-difficult process of iteration and games development.
Again, no one knows for sure what's up with Starfield. Bethesda has been tight-lipped on the game since its 2018 reveal. Since then we've gotten bits and pieces about the project, including some new leaked images, but overall the experience is shrouded in mystery.
Bethesda is expected to reveal tons of more details about Starfield at E3 2021.
What we know about Starfield so far:
- May be Xbox and PC exclusive and skip PlayStation hardware
- Todd Howard described it as a "big and crazy project" as early as 2016
- Brand new IP, will be a singleplayer space epic
- New leaked images show third-person and first-person views
- Concept art leaked out
- Will run on a massively overhauled Creation Engine
- Bethesda consulting Elon Musk on the game
- Starfield may be a cross-gen game
- Could release in early 2022
- > NEXT STORY: New Starfield leak shows progress from early 2019 build
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Fallout 76 players really don't like the new legendary crafting system