A leaked email that was sent off to the cast and crew of Netflix's The Witcher has revealed that the production of season 2 has been delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Since the outbreak of the coronavirus COVID-19, many people have decided to stay indoors and self-quarantine themselves. With large portions of the public staying indoors, forms of entertainment such as video games and movies see an influx in popularity, an example of this would be Steam hitting an all-time high record for concurrent gamers.
Netflix, on the other hand, would be loving the viewership increase, but it isn't all sunshine and roses for the streaming company, its biggest show ever just had its production delayed. According to an email that was sent out to the cast and crew that is working on the show, the production for The Witcher season 2 will be paused for two weeks to ensure the health and safety of everyone working on the show. The Witcher season 2 was originally meant to be released sometime in 2021, but this date could change due to this delay.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:34 pm CDT
- Everything you need to know about Netflix's The Witcher Season 2
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- R.E.M.'s 'It's The End Of The World As We Know It' is back on charts
- NVIDIA delays GTC announcement of Ampere GPU over COVID-19 coronavirus
- Tech industry leaders issue joint statement over COVID-19 coronavirus
- > NEXT STORY: Uber Eats isn't charging delivery fees for over 100,000 restaurants
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Coronvirus COVID-19 has caused Amazon to need 100,000 more workers