Now that Samsung's new Galaxy S20 family of smartphones have been revealed, the folks at DisplayMate have got their grubby mits on it for some display testing. Their findings? The flagship Galaxy S20 Ultra has the best smartphone display ever made.
Samsung gets massive praise for the OLED display stealing the show on the flagship Galaxy S20 Ultra, with the 6.9-inch OLED display and its native 3200 x 1440 resolution panel rocking 510 PPI and a gloriously smooth 120Hz refresh rate. DisplayMate said the Galaxy S20 Ultra broke 12 test records, smashing highest peak brightness, highest contrast ratio, and lowest screen reflectance.
DisplayMate saw throughout its testing of the Galaxy S20 Ultra setting a new record for Very High Absolute Color Accuracy, Very High Contrast Accuracy and Intensity Scale Accuracy, Peak Luminance that is Independent of the on-screen Image Content, Color Accuracy and Intensity Scales that are Independent of the Image Content, Natural DCI-P3 Screen Mode, Natural sRGB Screen Mode, and High Brightness Mode.
Read all about Samsung dominating DisplayMate's testing with its Galaxy S20 Ultra shootout here.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra full specs leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S20 family revealed: 120Hz screens, 5G, so much more
- Our first 'official' photo of Samsung's new Galaxy S20, Galaxy Buds+
- Samsung Galaxy S20 price leaks: $999 through to $1349 for S20 Ultra
- This is our first look at Samsung's new Galaxy Note 20 smartphone
- > NEXT STORY: Analyst: Samsung Galaxy S20 sales expected to hit 32 million in 2020
- < PREVIOUS STORY: TCL photos tease prototype smartphone with slide-out display