A man from the United Kingdom has been caught stealing a ridiculous amount of Harry Potter merchandise, which he was then selling on eBay.
The man, 35-year old Adam Hill, who is now a former Warner Bros. employee, has been caught stealing Harry Potter merchandise from his work. Throughout 2017 and 2018, Hill managed to steal $48,000 USD worth of Harry Potter merchandise that included items such as wands, badges, keyrings and more. Hill was taking these items from his workplace and selling them from his personal eBay account.
Hill got caught when his colleagues noticed a bunch of Harry Potter merch arriving and disappearing from under his desk at work. Crown Prosecution Service's Jan Muller, said: "In a significant breach of trust, Adam Hill had the audacity to steal thousands of pounds of merchandise from Warner Bros in plain sight of his work colleagues; but they reported him after growing suspicious of the items constantly piling up under his desk". Hill has been sentenced to 14 months in prison suspended for 18 months and 250 hours of unpaid labor.
Side note - The report says that Hill managed to have sold a ridiculous 1,040 items on his eBay account. Wow.
Last updated: Jan 10, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- New Harry Potter third-person wizard RPG could be revealed soon
- There's been an entirely new Harry Potter game created in Minecraft
- Next Super Smash Bros. game isn't planned yet, will be on next console
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becomes the best-selling Smash Bros. game
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now the best-selling fighting game in US
- > NEXT STORY: The Simpsons will eventually end, Fox is preparing for that hit
- < PREVIOUS STORY: GameStop's Australian gaming retailer 'EB Games' closes down 19 stores