CES 2020 - AMD was swinging big at CES 2020 this year between unveiling its new Ryzen 4000 series mobile CPUs, crazy 64-core/128-thread Ryzen Threadripper 3990X processor and the new mid-range Radeon RX 5600 XT. But what about Big Navi, aka Navi 21 and the high-end enthusiast graphics card market?
Thousands of gamers and Radeon fans were thirsty for something -- anything -- to be said about AMD's return to the high-end graphics card market. AMD didn't say anything officially during its CES 2020 keynote, but AMD CEO Dr. Lisu Su sat down for a media Q&A round table and was asked the heavy questions.
AnandTech has it laid all out for your viewing pleasure, with a question from Gorgon Ung from PC World asking: "Do you think that AMD has to have a high-end competitor in the discrete graphics market?". Lisa replied: "[laughs] I know those on Reddit want a high-end Navi! You should expect that we will have a high-end Navi, and that it is important to have it. The discrete graphics market, especially at the high-end, is very important to us. So you should expect that we will have a high-end Navi, although I don't usually comment on unannounced products".
Last updated: Jan 8, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su confirms we'll see 'Big Navi' in 2020
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Xbox Series X 12 TFLOP GPU confirmed, 4x Xbox One CPU and 8x GPU power
- PlayStation 5 to outsell Xbox Series X in 2020, analyst predicts
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- > NEXT STORY: InWin has done it again! Meet the 10th generation signature 'Diey'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: InWin extends its lineup with the new SR series AIO coolers