Tesla goes from strength to strength hitting the New Year, with the electric vehicle maker now worth more than any American vehicle manufacturer at any point ever -- a milestone that topples even Ford Motor Company's all-time high in 1999.
Back at Tesla's IPO in 2010, you would've purchased a single share of $TSLA for $17 but now you're looking at an insane $470 per share. Tesla has continued to impress through the years, with 2019 being one of their best yet on strong Model 3, Model S, and Model X sales as well as the introduction of their exciting new Cybertruck.
Tesla has also got its new Gigafactory operational in Shanghai, China -- with Elon Musk flying into the country and even dancing for the crowd on stage. Tesla will be building its new Model Y electric vehicle in Shanghai at its new Gigafactory 3, with the company also teasing an all-new "built for China" model that will be announced in the future.
Last updated: Jan 9, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- Everything you need to know about the horrific Tesla 'Autopilot' crash
- Used Model S has Autopilot feature remotely disabled by Tesla
- Elon Musk thinks Tesla energy could be 'bigger' than Tesla EV business
- Tesla Autopilot hackers trick car to accelerate to 85MPH, with tape
- Tesla hits 102 billion market value, now second most valuable carmaker
- > NEXT STORY: Samsung new PCIe 4.0-based 980 PRO SSD teased: 6.5GB/sec read speeds
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Alienware's new dual-screen laptop takes cues from the 3DS