Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has barely been out a week and now data mining from the PC version has revealed some upcoming goodies that we could expect to drop in the coming months.
Thanks to a new post on Reddit we know that there are 23 new possible game modes coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and 38 new maps. Yes, you read that first part right -- there are 23 new game modes coming to COD: Modern Warfare. 38 new maps is absolutely huge as well, but 23 new game modes? Wow.
There are a bunch of different modes and maps that sound interesting, with Infinity Ward working on a slew of new 6v6 and 10v10 maps as well as a new map for the huge (at least for the Call of Duty franchise) Ground War game mode. I've got a massive list of the new maps and game modes below.
- Cage (mp_m_cage)
- Cargo (mp_m_cargo)
- Hook (mp_m_hook)
- Exclusion Zone (mp_m_exclusion)
- Shoot House (mp_m_speed)
- Aniyah Tac (mp_aniyah_tac)
- Crash (mp_crash2)
- Dam (mp_dam)
- Krovnik Farmland (mp_farms2)
- Gulag (mp_gulag)
- Hospital (mp_hospital)
- Layover (mp_layover)
- Lowline (mp_lowline)
- Lumber (mp_lumber)
- Malyshev (mp_malyshev)
- Milbase (mp_millbase)
- Oasis (mp_oasis)
- Port (mp_port2)
- Prison (mp_prison)
- Rivne (mp_rivne)
- Shipment (mp_shipment)
- Shipmight (Day) (mp_shipment_am)
- Shipment (Night) (mp_shipment_pm)
- Slums (mp_slums)
- Stadium (mp_stadium)
- Sub Base (mp_subbase_lm)
- Super (mp_super)
- Urzikstan (mp_syrkistan)
- Torez (mp_torez)
- Transit (mp_transit)
- TV Station (mp_tvstation)
- Faridah (mp_faridah)
- Rust (mp_rust)
- Takedown (mp_takedown)
- Borderline (mp_borderline)
- Smetna Farms (mp_farms2_gw)
- Gun Course (mp_t_gun_course)
- Marksman Range (mp_t_sn_reflex)
- Showdown (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy's base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team's flag into the enemy team's base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ's and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.