Kickstarter continues growing and growing, or at least the amount of money that is pledged to the website.
According to LearnBonds, Kickstarter has registered over $4.56 billion USD that has been pledged to different projects. This number represents an over 16% increase since October 2018, and according to LearnBonds "Crowdfunding have been expanding all over the world during the last twenty years. Kickstarter was launched in 2009 and it launched over 460,000 projects."
It should be noted that Kickstarter does take a portion of the money that is pledged to successful projects, this is of course to keep the site running and give the creators some form of income for the idea. It should also be noted that 63.7& of projects don't receive the funding required to continue, while 37.3% are successful. Justinas Baltrusaitis, Editor at LearnBonds, said "The growth of these platforms is inevitable considering there are more and more creators being inspired by the success of the other crowdfunded projects."
She continued and said, "Every single day a new idea starts being developed thanks to crowdfunding and the opportunities these platforms bring."
Last updated: Nov 5, 2019 at 06:11 am CST
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Nintendo made $1.23 billion in profit over holiday 2019 quarter
- Elon Musk seeks SpaceX funding, company valued at $36 billion
- The Wonderful 101 remastered Kickstarter hits over $600,000
- PS4 sales break 100 million, PS Plus subscribers at record high
- > NEXT STORY: Red Dead Redemption 2: RTX 2080 Ti can't hit 4K 60FPS on Ultra
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Overwatch's director has 'no idea' when Overwatch 2 will be released