AMD looks to be working on a lower-end version of Navi with a new Navi 14 GPU showing up on Compubench, with 24 CUs that would put it into the Polaris 11 (or Polaris 21).
In total there are three different Navi 14 listings in Compubench, with 3GB, 4GB, and 8GB models. The internal name is Navi 14 but we should expect it as a Radeon RX 5600 series (or even RX 5500 series). Navi 14 has 24 CUs with 1536 stream processors, and what should be GDDR6 memory.
The three Navi 14 GPUs listed on Compubench:
- AMD Navi 14 '7341:00' 8 GB Radeon RX
- AMD Navi 14 '7340:C1' 4 GB Radeon RX
- AMD Navi 14 '7340:CF' 3 GB Radeon RX
AMD could have a really interesting card on its hands with a lower-end Navi, especially if the price sits in the $150-$250 region where there are 100 million+ gamers. The lower-end 3GB version could be priced at under $150 which would really shake things up, and will reduce the RX 560/570/580 graphics cards in cost overnight.
We should expect more on the new Navi 14-based graphics cards in the coming weeks.
- >> NEXT STORY: Cyberpunk 2077 won't have female and male gender options
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Warner Bros. Games opens new studio for F2P mobile games