Now that Nintendo has finished their Super Mario Maker 2 dedicated Nintendo Direct, we can sit down and compile each of the new features the upcoming game has has in-store for players.
Yesterday I reported on Nintendo announcing that there would be a Direct dedicated to the upcoming sequel of Super Mario Maker, Super Mario Maker 2. We previously have had some new features showcased to us but now Nintendo has done a deep dive into what is new about the coming game and what has been improved since the last one.
Just to summarize things to make it a bit easier, Super Mario Maker 2 will comes with a ton of new features, some include; Super Mario 3D World style, a multitude of new building and customization options, co-op and versus multiplayer and many more online tools. A full features list has been compiled within the entirety of this post, for more information head on over to the official Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo eShop listing here.
Super Mario 3D World style:
- The ability to play as Cat Mario
- Transparent pipes
- Warp box
- Spike block
- ! Block
- Blinking phase blocks
- Tracking blocks
- Mushroom trampolines
- Piranha Creepers
- Skipsqueaks who time their jumps with Mario
- Charvaargh lava monsters
- Pom Pom
- Banzai Bills that can fly towards the screen
- Cat Bowzer
- A Koopa Troopa car, because why not?
Multiplayer: 4 people online/local
- Multiplayer Versus mode which challenges you to get to the goal first. Winning will raise your versus rating.
- Multiplayer Co-op mode - one person gets to the goal and everybody wins!
- Browse by popular courses, or use tags.
- Comment on courses
- New Maker profiles you can dress up with various cosmetics.
- That goddamn Angry Sun
- Snake Blocks
- Red and Blue Switch blocks
- On/Off switches
- Swinging Claws
- Changing water or lava levels
- Set scroll rates
- Vertical sub areas
- Banzai Bill
- Dry Bones shell
- 10 Coin
- New Sound effects
- Twister enemies
- Boom Boom
- Desert, Snow, Forest, and Sky themes
- Day/Night system. Gameplay will change in subtle ways during the night.
- New music from legendary original Mario composer Koji Kondo!
Super Mario Maker 2 will be launching on June 28th exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
- > NEXT STORY: Soulcalibur VI DLC adds wearable cat hats + 150 cosmetics
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Capcom might not be bringing Devil May Cry 2/3 to the Switch