If there's one area that I'm loving the advancement of technology in for smartphones, it has to be the world of fast charging. Xiaomi has just sped past the competition with its latest 100W charger.
Xiaomi's new 100W charger has been teased, fully charging a 4000mAh battery from 0-100% in just 17 minutes. If we compare this against Oppo's best 50W Super VOOC charging technology, that throws power at 50W to charge a 3700mAh battery in the same 17-minute period. Xiaomi is onto a winner here, especially if it can get 100W of charging working over USB-C (which supports 100W charging) without too much heat and inefficiency.
It's not an official thing from Xiaomi yet, and simply a test of its 100W Super Charge Turbo technology. I hope we see something like this on the market soon with next-gen smartphones throughout 2019 and into 2020 and beyond.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:44 pm CDT
- Black Shark 3 gaming phone: 90Hz display, 12GB RAM, liquid cooling, 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro: 6.5-inch OLED with 90Hz, insane 66W fast charging
- Amazon's 12 Days of Deals: save up to 40% on Anker products today
- Xiaomi Mi 10: all-screen, under-display camera could beat Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra does not include 45W charger in the box
- > NEXT STORY: NVIDIA boss comments on Turing on 12nm, AMD Vega on 7nm
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The Division 2 endgame content drops on April 5