Rebellion has gone on a rampage with its Sniper Elite franchise with the announcements of four new Sniper Elite projects in the works, including the next Sniper Elite game which we suspect should be Sniper Elite 5.
The developer has also announced Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition, a new "standalone Sniper Elite game for VR devices", as well as the "next major title in the Sniper Elite series".
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will be released on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch while Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition will be taking the sniper-focused game to a Nintendo platform for the first time ever. The VR title should be interesting as well, with Rebellion working with British studio Just Add Water, which have worked on Oddworld and the Gravity Crash series. All of these games will be due out in 2019, with a release date for Sniper Elite 5 to soon be announced.
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will bring 1945 Berlin to current platforms with stunning new visuals and a host of new features.
- Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition on Switch introduces Karl's breathtaking North African adventure to a Nintendo platform for the first time ever.
- A new, standalone Sniper Elite game for VR devices is being developed in partnership with independent British studio Just Add Water, known for their work on the Oddworld and Gravity Crash series.
- The next major title in the Sniper Elite series, following in the footsteps of the widely acclaimed Sniper Elite 4, is being worked on now.
- > NEXT STORY: Capcom say PC for Monster Hunter World is very important
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The next-gen Xbox could feature internal physics engine