One of the best Diablo-like ARPGs on the planet is about to get a whole lot bigger.
Grim Dawn's massive new Forgotten Gods expansion will release on March 27, 2019 on Steam, Crate Entertainment today announced. The new expansion takes players outside of the known realms to explore the exotic searing sands and uncover story-driven secrets of a strange hidden deity.
Forgotten Gods adds a wealth of new content to the base game, including a dearth of new monstrosities to face, a fusillade of new items and gear to find, rune augments, a new class mastery called the Oathkeeper that synergizes with previous builds, a new repeatable game mode, and much more.
If you've even a passing interest in Diablo-esque dungeon crawlers, definitely give this one a shot. Grim Dawn has some of the most innovative mechanics out of any ARPG title I've come across, and is a great time either solo or alongside a few friends via PvE.
Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods costs $15.99 and requires both the base game and the previous Ashes of Malmouth expansion to play.
Check below for more details:
- Enter the Shattered Realm - a brand new game mode will have you face off against Cairn's foes in ever more challenging shards of an unstable reality. Earn unique rewards and mountains of loot!
- A New Class Mastery - smite your foes with a divine new mastery: the Oathkeeper, which can be combined with the other Masteries, raising the total number of combinations to a staggering 36!
- Rune Augments - Apply a new category of enchantments to your Medals, unlocking powerful mobility skills available to all masteries, including Leap, Teleport and more.
- A Massive Story Chapter - Journey beyond the remnants of the Erulan Empire to dangerous new lands teeming with forbidden secrets. Battle alongside the Witch God cults to vanquish the rising threat of a forgotten god.
- New Environments - Discover foreboding deserts, explore lush oases, survive the heat of a land ravaged by a god's burning rage, witness the wonders of the Eldritch Realm itself.
- [*Difficulty Merits - Embrace new challenges by starting the game on Elite or Ultimate difficulty from the very beginning by purchasing Difficulty Merits for your new characters!
- Transmutation - Visit the Inventor to reroll your duplicate Set Items to create new Set Pieces from the same set or entirely different sets.
- Four Factions - Align yourself with one of the three Witch God cults and face off against Eldritch Horrors serving a forgotten power.
- 9 Constellations - Unleash the powers of forgotten gods with 9 new Devotion Constellations that offer even more ways to traverse Grim Dawn's massive celestial tapestry.
- Collect Hundreds of New Items - Dozens of new Monster Infrequents and Hundreds of Epic and Legendary items are waiting to be added to your collection, including sets exclusive to the game's Roguelike dungeon and the Shattered Realm!
- Expanded Stash - Protect your precious wealth with an additional Personal and Transfer Stash Tab.
- New Nemesis and Super Bosses - The Eldritch Realm houses terrors beyond imagining. Face off against its nemesis for unique loot. Uncover the secrets of the Korvan Basin and unleash a supremely powerful foe.
- > NEXT STORY: Respawn has banned 355,000 cheaters from Apex Legends on PC
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Podracer fan game reminds us when Star Wars games were fun