We're only a couple of months away from the Game Developers Conference (GDC 2019) and already hearing about what game developers are cooking up behind the scenes, with some interesting numbers to share from a GDC 2019 survey organized by the organization itself.
An interesting tidbit comes from that news with a question to game developers from the organizers of GDC 2019 asking "Are you developing your *next* game for upcoming unannounced game platforms, and/or existing platforms?". The answer? 18% of game developers are working on next-gen games with 2% of them exclusively making games for "upcoming unannounced platforms". Here are the results:
- Exclusively for upcoming unannounced platforms 2%
- Exclusively for existing platforms 46%
- Existing and upcoming unannounced platforms 16%
- N/A (Don't know at this time) 37%
- > NEXT STORY: Next Xbox X - 8C/16T Zen 2 CPU, Navi GPU, 16GB RAM for $499
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Secretlab signs multi-year deal with League of Legends dev