Developer of Darksiders III, Gunfire Games has taken to their Twitter page to say the PC beta patch is accessible via Steams beta branch and that a console version of the patch will be following soon.
#Darksiders3 PC Patch is live! (Consoles following soon). The PC patch is currently accessible in the beta branch on Steam. Patch notes and details on how to access it are located here: https://t.co/niOtGoUWNJ— Gunfire Games (@gunfire_games) December 1, 2018
According to the above post, the above patch will be adding multiple improvements to the game. Starting off we improvements in performance and loading, "Performance improvements should also significantly reduce stuttering in high-density areas." Next we have updates to the story mode to be more forgiving for players and modifications to hit indicators for better readability.
Moving onto the fixes that will be arriving with the patch, we now have an "added FOV scaling to keep correct FOV on 21:9 monitors." Fixes to crashes widespread across the game, an option to force respawn has been added and much more. In the entirety of this post you will find the entire change log for this PC beta patch. For more information, visit the official blog post here.
We have the first patch ready for you.
Here is the complete list of fixes:
- Multiple improvements to help performance and loading. Performance improvements should also significantly reduce stuttering in high-density areas.
- Updated Story mode to be more forgiving.
- Adjusted invulnerability windows across all difficulties. The windows are consistent on Balanced, Challenging and Apocalyptic and even more significant on easy.
- Modified hit indicators for better readability.
- Added version number on the main menu.
- Added FOV scaling to keep correct FOV on 21:9 monitors.
- Fixed various crash issues.
- Added Force Respawn functionality. This option is available in the game options menu. It will kill Fury and return her to the last Vulgrim Waypoint that you visited. This option is a last resort to be used if you think you are stuck in an area for whatever reason.
- Added functionality on Force respawn that will force the hollows to re-equip to Fury. This is for the issue where Fury's hollow abilities appear to have stopped working.
- Fix for issue where Force blocks were getting stuck in Scar. If you have encountered this issue, it should destroy the stuck block, and if you come back to the area, it will reload the block in the correct starting area.
- Fix for issue where certain stacked breakables wouldn't break in Bonelands.
- Fix for issue that would break Gluttony fight. Fix should also fix saves that had this issue.
- Fixed multiple issues where players can get Fury into unintended locations or unintended locations without expected Hollows (in some cases Force Respawn may need to be used).
- Reduced Fafnir enhancement's damage output.
- Increased Havoc Generation on Obscurus Enhancement
- Increased Health and Damage amounts on Fortifier Enhancement
To access the branch we decided to put it in a staging branch first in order to make sure it doesnt break anything critical. The least we want is that people lose their progress or similar and there is always different behaviour out for users than in our testing environment.
Here is a guide on how to get the patch:
To access the beta please do the following:
Follow this guide https://media.thqnordic.com/TEMP/SteamBetaBranchGuide.jpg
Under Step 1 select Darksiders III
In step 4 you dont need a password
The branch for Step 6 is named publicstaging
- >> NEXT STORY: Pokemon: Let's Go spirits will unlock in Smash Bros Ultimate
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Firewatch will arrive on the Nintendo Switch December 17th
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de