Undead Labs and Microsoft have released a new patch for State of Decay 2, patch 2.1 has gone live and fixes numerous bugs as well as some missions.
When looking at the patch notes we can see that Undead Labs have gone ahead and fixed several missions that sometimes were impossible to complete due to specific items not being available for players. Players that choose to get up close and personal with their enemies will be glad to know that this update has fixed the issue where experience wasn't gained in the close combat specification. If you are interested in viewing the full patch notes visit the official State of Decay 2 website here.
In celebration of the of 4th of July the developer has released an 'Independence Day' DLC pack. The pack includes zombies dressed up in uniforms, a colorful change to player's gunpowder, new versions of vehicles, weapons and gear. Players should also note that there is a new wandering trader that packs everything explosive that players want to celebrate with.
Patch Notes: 2.1
- The "Purchase" DLC button on Main Menu now works properly for players with new profiles who don't own any DLC.
- The mission "Builder: Make Your Own Gear" can now be completed if the player has a built-in Machine Shop at their base.
- Characters on the Community screen now re-orient correctly when changes are made to the community.
- Newly selected leaders are now positioned correctly on the Community screen.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes newly recruited community members would overlap or be standing too close to others on the Community screen.
- Characters now properly gain experience in their close combat specialization when fighting with their close combat weapon.
- Characters who have earned at least 1 star in their Gunslinging specialization are now able to snap-aim with the [ A ] button as expected.
- The in-game Independence Pack purchase confirmation banner no longer eagerly pops up with every player session.
- Fixed several missions that occasionally couldn't be completed due to missing items (such as Lost and Found: Search for the Mace, Eagle Eye: Sniper's Stash, and the various resource-scavenging Radio Menu missions). These missions should now properly place the necessary items in the world.