Microsoft has made some big changes to their next version of Office, with the company announcing that Office 2019 will be released later this year, but only Windows 10 users will be able to enjoy it.
Office 2019 will only work on select Microsoft operating systems, including:
- Any supported Windows 10 SAC (Semi-Annual Channel) release
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) 2018
- The next LTSC release of Windows Server
Now that we know Office 2019 will only work with Windows 10, what happens with Office 2020 when it's released? Well, Microsoft are doing this so that both Windows and Office are tied to each other for the very latest updates, especially in the wake of security bugs in Meltdown and Spectre.
Microsoft explains: "Software that is more than a decade old, and hasn't benefited from this innovation, is difficult to secure and inherently less productive. As the pace of change accelerates, it has become imperative to move our software to a more modern cadence".
- > NEXT STORY: CS:GO co-creator accused of sexual exploitation of a minor
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Far Cry 5 season pass packs free copy of Far Cry 3 remaster