The latest version of Wii U emulator CEMU now supports multi-threaded CPUs, with CEMU v1.11.3 adding support for multi-threaded CPU emulation, amongst other new features and improvements.
CEMU v1.11.3 also features other optimizations that include cache drawcall index data across frames if the GPU buffer cache accuracy is set too low, a new graphics pack texture rule options, and adds task and task settings API. The new CEMU v1.11.3 is available to Patreon backers, and then to the public next week.
CEMU v1.11.3 Release Notes:
- General: NFC menu now has shortcuts to recently loaded NFC files
- CPU/JIT: Added support for multi-threaded CPU emulation with recompiler Dual-core mode will allocate one thread for the main PPC core (1) and one thread for core 0 and 2 Triple-core mode allocates one thread for each PPC core
- coreinit: Added API MCP_Get4SecondOffStatus, MCP_DeviceList, MCP_FullDeviceList, MCP_UpdateCheckContext, MCP_TitleListUpdateGetNext, MCP_GetOverlayAppInfo, IM_GetRuntimeParameter
- GX2: Added new graphic pack texture rule options: 'overwriteLodBias' Replace the lod bias 'overwriteRelativeLodBias' Add value to game's lod bias rather than overwriting it Typical valid values are in range -16.0 to 16.0
- GX2: Cache drawcall index data across frames if GPU buffer cache accuracy is set to low
- GX2: uf_windowSpaceToClipSpaceTransform is no longer affected by render target rescaling
- GX2: Added API GX2QueryBeginConditionalRender, GX2QueryEndConditionalRender
- GX2: Fixed order in which flip and vsync event callbacks are called
- GX2: Various smaller optimizations
- nn_boss: Added IOSU boss/nim module
- nn_boss: If online mode is enabled, Cemu will now download and decrypt BOSS (SpotPass) files
- nn_boss: Added task and task setting API
- nn_acp: Added API ACPCheckTitleNotReferAccountLaunch, ACPGetLaunchMetaData, ACPGetLaunchMetaXml, ACPGetTitleMetaDirByDevice, ACPGetTitleMetaXmlByDevice
- nlibcurl: Fixed calloc/malloc/free using wrong allocator (now correctly uses MEMAllocFromDefaultHeap/MEMFreeToDefaultHeap)
- sysapp: Added API SYSGetUPIDFromTitleID
- > NEXT STORY: Analyst: PS4 to hit 100 million in 2019, PS5 launch in 2021?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlegrounds breaches 2.7 million concurrent players