ZOTAC is making moves into the external GPU enclosure business, with the announcement of two new eGPU products: Amp Box, and Amp Box Mini.
Both of ZOTAC's new external GPU enclosures are smaller than competing external GPU enclosures, making them perfect for their own GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini graphics card.
Starting with the normal Amp Box which measures in at 5.8 x 10.1 x 10.7 inches (15 x 26 x 27 cm), while the smaller Amp Box Mini is 3.9 x 7.2 x 9.1 inches (10 x 18 x 28 cm). Both the normal Amp Box and Amp Box Mini can house dual-slot graphics cards at up to 7.8 inches (20nm) in length.
ZOTAC notes that the external power supply on the Amp Box Mini can handle up to 150W, while the larger Amp Box supports up to 250W.
The company includes Thunderbolt 3 for 40Gbps of bandwidth, compared to just 10Gbps courtesy of USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectivity. We can't have a GPU-related product without RGB, right? So, ZOTAC has included their Spectra RGB utility as well as built-in USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub, and Quick Charge 3.0 technology on the front to super-charge your QC3.0-capable smartphone.
ZOTAC hasn't provided any pricing on their new Amp Box or Amp Box Mini just yet, but we're only two weeks away from CES 2018 where I'm sure we'll receive pricing and availability details.
Last updated: Dec 22, 2017 at 06:11 am CST
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- PlayStation 5 to outsell Xbox Series X in 2020, analyst predicts
- Best Buy Black Friday deals start now - here are our top tech picks
- > NEXT STORY: Squadron 42 PC requirements released: DX11 GPU with 2GB RAM?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: GDDR6 is one step closer to reality, should be here 2H 2018