AMD might not be enjoying much positivity with the first waves of Radeon RX Vega reviews, but the company is looking after miners (who they called out and blamed for global GPU shortages in LA two weeks ago) with a new beta driver that provides improved cryptocurrency mining performance.
The new beta driver increases block chain compute performance, with AMD naming the driver "Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute". What does this new driver have on offer?
- This driver is provided as a beta level support driver which should be considered "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes
- This driver is not intended for graphics or gaming workloads
- Optimized performance for Blockchain Compute Workloads
I'm going to install these drivers soon and run our Radeon RX Vega 56, Radeon RX Vega 64 air-cooled, and Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition through their paces.
- >> NEXT STORY: ADATA unleashes XPG SX9000 NVMe M.2 SSD: 2.8GB/sec reads
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Battlegrounds hits 7 million players, 617K concurrent