NVIDIA has 62% of Steam gamers, AMD Radeon with 21%

Steam's hardware survey for May is here, with NVIDIA dominating with GeForce and gamers.

@anthony256
Published Fri, Jun 9 2017 6:43 AM CDT   |   Updated Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:55 AM CST

Valve has released its Steam hardware survey for May 2017, with NVIDIA enjoying a massive dominance with Steam gamers with 62.41% of people using an NVIDIA graphics card of some sort. This left ATI and AMD with 21.53%, while Intel and its integrated graphics power a surprising 15.65%.

NVIDIA has 62% of Steam gamers, AMD Radeon with 21% | TweakTown.com

Windows 10 is by far the most used operating system with Steam, powering 77.51% of gamers' PCs. When it came to CPU usage, Intel stands in a sea of blue with 80.22% of Steam gamers using an Intel CPU, leaving AMD with just 19.78% - and it doesn't seem as though Ryzen made a dent just yet, but give it a few more months and we'll take another look at those numbers.

There are still 45.15% of gamers with a dual-core CPU, but 49% of gamers have a quad-core CPU, leaving just 4.25% to the 1%ers who use 6/8/10-core processors.

Anthony joined the TweakTown team in 2010 and has since reviewed 100s of graphics cards. Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Newsletter Subscription

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription
Latest News
View More News
Latest Reviews
View More Reviews
Latest Articles
View More Articles