Ubisoft today announced Far Cry 5 in a new reveal trailer, showcasing key features including an impressive dynamic open-ended environment that evolves based on your decisions.
Far Cry 5's Hope County, Montana might be ruled by crazy gun-toting religious hillbilly psychopaths, but the rural landscape feels like the real star of the show. The in-game world is filled to the brim with environs straight out of Montana; golden wheat-filled prairies, forests with rivers and streams snaking through, and snowtopped mountains that saw the sky. But outside of its beauty, Ubisoft Montreal promises Far Cry 5's setting actually has a life of its own--a life that will react and change as you make key decisions.
Ubisoft says Far Cry 5 is a "world that evolves", describing Hope County as a "dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make." Players will rise up and build a resistance to overthrow the menacing Joseph Seed and his fanatical, maniacal doomsday cult, and every resistance fighter you recruit will push the story forward in meaningful ways. The developers also affirm that bad decisions will spawn new unique experiences: "your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities rise for the chaos."
Alongside the dynamic open world, Far Cry 5 will also offer a new dimension of freedom by letting gamers actually customize their hero in key ways. Instead of being locked to a main protagonist, players can choose their main character's avatar just like an RPG game.
Far Cry 5 drops on February 27, 2018 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and fully supports Project Scorpio and PS4 Pro 4K gaming.
A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
- Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
- The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
- Disrupt the cult's doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
- Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.
- > NEXT STORY: SEGA is racing to victory
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'