If you've been paying attention to our recent coverage, then you'll know Mass Effect: Andromeda is a mess. The game needs tons of fixes, and BioWare will kick off its wave of obligatory patches and updates starting on Thursday.
BioWare has pledged to fix Mass Effect: Andromeda and right on queue the devs have revealed a roadmap of how they plan to do that. Like Square Enix did with Final Fantasy 15, BioWare will rely on a series of download updates to shore up the game's rough edges. At this point, I think it'd take 20GB+ to fix the game...and that might even be too small.
For BioWare's credit, though, the changes are heavily based on community feedback. Patch 1.05 is the first major patch of the fusillade of updates, and it'll bring a host of fixes players have been asking for since day one. Gamers will soon be able to skip ahead while traveling between planets in the galaxy map, have boosted inventory space (this one hit me hard), improving the eyes for humans and asari, voice-over bugs, and more. Check below for the full patch notes, and the full post from BioWare General Manager Aaryn Flynn.
Patch 1.05 Notes
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn't play or wasn't correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn't firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
It's been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect: Andromeda and we're thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it's really just the beginning.
Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.
This Thursday, we'll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we've heard you ask for, such as:
- Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder's movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.
Over the next two months we'll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we're looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.
For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we're going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We'll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.
This is just a taste of what's in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you'd like to see changed. We're listening, and we're committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.
Here's to a great journey,
- >> NEXT STORY: 007 producers confident in retaining Daniel Craig
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Project Scorpio reveal confirmed for Thursday
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de