AMD's new Ryzen processors are official, with the flagship Ryzen 7 1800X filling the headlines with its $499 price, 16-threaded CPU power that rivals Intel's HEDT range at $1000+. But the fight isn't just at the top, it'll be in the mid-range market where AMD is offering high-end performance at a fraction of the cost of its competitor.
The new Ryzen 7 1700 processor is an 8-core/16-threaded CPU with 3.0/3.7GHz frequencies on Base and Boost, respectively - with 20MB of L2+L3 cache, and AMD's impressive SenseMI technology inside of the Zen architecture.
Pricing on the Ryzen 7 1700, 1700X, and 1800X is ridiculously good.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:20 am CDT
- AMD steps it up (again) with next-gen Ryzen Threadripper packaging
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X: 64C/128T launches January 2020
- Amazon's best Cyber Monday deals on AMD CPUs, save up to 53%!
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990WX: 64C/128T for your next desktop?!
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X specs: 64C/128T, 288MB cache, 280W TDP
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- < PREVIOUS STORY: AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499