Eurocom has just launched its new high-end Tornado F5 gaming laptop, which can be customized and tailor-made to fuel beastly games performance.
Like most gaming laptops on the market, Eurocom's Tornado F5 has been upgraded to support Intel's new seventh-generation Kaby Lake CPUs, rocking up to 3.6GHz Intel i7-770K processors. Tornado F5 pairs Kaby Lake CPUs with NVIDIA's latest 16nm Pascal-based GeForce GTX 10-series video cards including the potent GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X VRAM, the GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM, and the GeForce GTX 1060 video card with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM.
What sets the Tornado F5 apart from other builds is that Eurocom has put emphasis on user upgradeability, making it easy for everyday consumers to replace or upgrade the laptop's internal hardware.
Other specs of Eurocom's high-end gaming laptop include up to 64GB of G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 RAM, up to three storage drives in RAID 0 or RAID 1 including SSHDs, HDDs, and SSDs as well as two M.2 PCIe options. Inputs include three USB 3.0 ports, a USB Type-C port, one DisplaPort 1.2 port, and one HDMI 2.0 port. The laptop's 15-inch Full-HD display can also be upgraded to support 4K resolution.
Interestingly enough, the Tornado F5 doesn't come pre-installed with Windows 64-bit; you have to add $141 for a Windows 10 Home 64-bit license.
The Tornado F5 starts at $1,666 for the base model, and its hardware can be configured in a myriad of different ways to suit the needs of consumers and gamers.
Check below for full specifications of the Tornado F5 gaming laptop, and click here for a price list.
For more information on the Tornado F5, be sure to check the official press release.
EUROCOM Tornado F5 Specifications
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD 1920-by-1080 pixels or 4K Ultra HD 3840-by-2160 pixels; eDP
- Chassis: Aluminum Alloy (Back Cover and Top Case) and German manufactured resins (Front Cover and Bottom Case)
- Chipset: High Performance Intel Z170 Express Chipset
- Processor: Socket based; LGA1151; up to 91W TDP; choice of Core i7, i5, i3 up to 6700K/7700K.
- VGA Technology: upgradeable MXM 3.0; NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 1080, 1070, 1060, 980M, 970M or 965M; up to 150W TDP; discrete GPU only (no Optimus)
- Memory: Four 260-pin SO-DIMM sockets; DDR4-2133/2400/3000/3200; up to 64GB
- Storage: up to 3 physical drives: 2x M.2 2280 PCIe x2/x4 or SATA SSD and 1x HDD/SSD (9.5mm) SATA3 6Gb/s; RAID 0/1 with 2x NVMe SSDs.
- Card Reader: 6-in-1: UHS-II interface; MMC/RSMMC/SD/mini SD/SDHC/SDXC; Push-Push
- Keyboard and Touchpad: Anti-ghosting backlit multi-colour 7-colour keyboard with seperate numeric keypad; TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling; W/A/S/D Gaming key
- Ports: 3x USB 3.0; 1x USB 3.1 Type-C (Thunderbolt 3); 1x DP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 1x Headphone; 1x Microphone-in; 1x S/PDIF (digital); 1x Line-in; 1x RJ-45 LAN; 1x DC-in
- Audio: High Definition Audio; S/PDIF Digital Output; Built in microphone; Built in two 2W speakers; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; External 7.1CH output (headphone, mic, line-in and S/PDIF).
- Display Support: Supports up to 4 active displays including internal LCD; up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
- Battery: 8cells; 14.4V 5225mAh/75.24Wh Li-Ion; up to 130 minutes
- Weight: 2.92kg / 6.45 lbs w/ battery
- Dimensions: 390x266x39.8mm / 15.6x10.64x1.59-inch
Eurocom is the leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, as well as, high-performance mobile workstations and servers since 1989. Eurocom prides itself as an Industry leader in providing ground-breaking technology and continues to engineer innovative solutions that inspire individuals and companies to new growth and development. For more information on Eurocom please visit us at https://www.eurocom.com.
Online Article: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/release(357)ec
EUROCOM Tornado F5 benchmarks: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/benchmarks(384)ec
EUROCOM Tornado F5: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,384,0)ec
- >> NEXT STORY: Our final Nintendo Switch predictions
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Sony has many more unannounced PS4 games for 2017