CES 2017 - MSI's latest Trident 3 small form factor PC blurs the lines between desktop and console gaming with a fully-fledged PC powerhouse at a console's smaller footprint.
Using NVIDIA's flexible and efficient 16nm Pascal GPU architecture and Intel's latest seventh-gen Kaby Lake CPUs, manufacturers are now able to make VR-ready desktops that are basically the size of PS4 and Xbox consoles. MSI's new Trident 3 compact small form factor (SFF) PC fits this bill nicely, but instead of woefully outdated, scaled back, and consolidated hardware, it rocks a dedicated a desktop-grade video card, processor, and onboard DDR4 RAM.
The MSI Trident 3 sports an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 ITX video card in both 3GB and 6GB GDDR5 VRAM configurations for VR and traditional gaming, an Intel Kaby Lake H110 Core i7-7700 or Core i5-7400 CPU, up to 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz RAM, and options for HDD, SSD or M.2 storage. All in all the Trident 3 is very much akin to ASUS' new VivoPC X small form factor PC.
MSI's new SFF PC starts at $899, and can be customized in a number of different configurations. Check below for a full spec sheet and info.
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- The world's smallest VR ready gaming PC
- Compact, light weight and easy to transport case
- Full performance in extra-compact 4.72-liter case
- Exclusive cooling system, Silent storming cooling 2
- VR Link; optimal VR experience
- Choose to place your Gaming PC horizontally or vertically
- Carefully though connection ports to fit your needs as a gamer
- MSI Gaming Graphics Cards delivery better gaming performance
- Audio Boost 3: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
- Nahimic 2.5 Audio Enhancer
- Mystic Light RGB LED design, customize your look
- Supports 4K video and 4K game
- Supports matrix display
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor with DDR4 memories
- High quality and durable Military Class 5 components
- Super Charger 2: fast charge you mobile device
- Enrich your experience with included MSI software
MSI Trident 3 Specifications