Star Wars: The Force Awakens continues to print money, with Disney's latest blockbuster flying past $610 million in worldwide ticket sales. In the US alone, it has become the fastest movie to hit $250 million.
The Force Awakens has outperformed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 for Saturday sales, in a big way. Star Wars: The Force Awakens has broken pretty much every record possible: largest Thursday preview, global IMAX opening record, largest Friday, largest Saturday, largest Sunday, largest Monday, largest 4-day gross, biggest domestic opening, biggest worldwide opening and so many more records.
The latest news is that The Force Awakens will beat the current #1 box office champion: Avatar. Considering Avatar pulled in $580 in its first week, The Force Awakens is definitely doing a good job towards its battle to the #1 grossing movie of all time. Avatar sits at the top of the worldwide gross of $2.78 billion, which I think The Force Awakens will beat in the end.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:30 pm CDT
- EA cancels new open-world Star Wars Battlefront game from EA Vancouver
- EA's next Star Wars game will be 'very unique,' could it have co-op?
- Will Disney's new CEO renew EA's Star Wars game license?
- Jedi: Fallen Order 2 may release by 2021 on next-gen consoles
- Jedi: Fallen Order is now the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever
- > NEXT STORY: Kim Dotcom faces U.S. extradition following court loss
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Drone crash nearly wipes out champion skier mid-competition