CES 2015 - Audio company A-Audio has unveiled its Prodigy Bluetooth Speaker, a unique wireless product that is able to transform into two different speakers. Prodigy has magnetic locators in the center of the unit, so they can be pulled apart - and located anywhere within Bluetooth range.
Using the Three-Stage Listening Technology, music listeners can choose between Audio, Base Enhancer and SurroundEffect modes. Prodity supports Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC, includes a micro-USB charging port for mobile devices, and has up to 12 hours of battery life. The A-Audio Prodigy will be available in April or May this year, with a $199 MSRP.
"With A-Audio's focus on delivering premium construction and innovative sound technology, it was only fitting to incorporate a transforming element and our award-winning Three-Stage Listening Technology into a premium portable Bluetooth Speaker," said Christian Iacovelli, president of A-Audio, in a statement. "The Prodigy Bluetooth Speaker marks the growth of A-Audio, expanding our line and offering our customers only the best quality audio products that combine both style and sound."
Last updated: Jan 11, 2015 at 12:00 am CST
- Amazon slash 30% off one of the best portable speakers you can buy
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- Best Buy Black Friday deals start now - here are our top tech picks
- Xbox Series X packs dedicated audio hardware acceleration
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- > NEXT STORY: Patriot releases its BeatStreet Bluetooth portable speaker
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Analogix unveils the new Nano-Console, connects your phone and TV