It looks like EA will be rolling in cash that it has made from add-on content and DLC sales this year, with an estimated $1 billion or more for 2014 alone, according to Bloomberg.
John Reseburg, a spokesperson for EA, confirmed with Bloomberg that the Madden NFC add-on content revenue has grown by a gigantic 350% year-on-year in the financial quarter ending June 30. Madden NFL 15 will be a "major contributor" to EA's expected revenue growth in its sports sector according to Reseburg.
- Nintendo made $1.23 billion in profit over holiday 2019 quarter
- Nintendo Switch sales break 41 million, hardware rakes in $1.9 billion
- PlayStation earns $5.6 billion in Q3, makes 23% of Sony's earnings
- PS4 sales break 100 million, PS Plus subscribers at record high
- Modern Warfare reboot makes $1 billion in sales
- > NEXT STORY: The NSA has its own Google-like internal search engine
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Apple's much bigger 12.9-inch iPad should arrive next year