One of the best kept copies of Action Comics #1, where Superman made his debut all the way back in 1938, is up for auction on eBay. This comic has its current bid at $1,750,200 - or $1.75 million.
The seller, Darren Adams who is based in Federal Way, Washington, explains that his copy of Action Comics #1 is "The finest known copy of the most sought after comic book in the world. A 1938 museum piece with PERFECT WHITE pristine pages". Adams said that he purchased it from a collector who had stored it in a bank vault. He adds: "I'm hoping that the next person can enjoy it as much as I do. I'd love it if a museum purchased this book for all to see".
Back in 2011, another copy of Action Comics #1 sold for $2,161,000 - with this copy reportedly belonging to Nicholas Cage, who is said to have purchased the comic for $150,000 in 1997. Funnily enough, Cage was in the running to star as the Man of Steel in the now-scrapped, thankfully, Superman Lives from around the time Cage purchased the copy of Action Comics. Bidding started on August 14, and will end of August 24, with 1% of the proceeds going toward the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, Reeve playing Superman in the original Richard Donner movies, as well as Superman 3 and 4.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:47 am CDT
- Superman open-world game could arrive on PlayStation 5
- Superman DID have a black suit in Zack Snyder's Justice League
- Every Superman, Batman, and Joker movie ever made to stream on HBO Max
- No, Rocksteady isn't making a Superman game for Xbox Series X
- Microsoft teases new glass-based storage with 1978's Superman on it
- > NEXT STORY: Creative Director of PlanetSide 2 calls PS4 gamers 'console peasants'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Microsoft rumored to release Windows 9 preview as soon as next month