Streaming a variety of music to your Sonos wireless speaker system has just gotten much easier thanks to the company integrating Google Play Music into its list of streaming music providers. The integration into the Sonos controller app ushers in a new music streaming era, as this allows millions of Google Play Music subscribers to now stream their own music as well as music they have purchased over the service.
"As we continue to invest in the way you experience and control your music at home, curating and managing an array of services cross multiple rooms, the benefits of playing your music to Sonos directly from these very services is clear. In Google Play Music, we've found a great partner to bring this vision to life for the first time on a global scale. Together, we've created a music experience that shows how media, devices, and sound can seamlessly work together in the home," sonos said in a blog post.
All the music you love, all there is to discover, all together in one place:
- Blend your personal library - Google Play Music lets you store your personal music collection for free online (up to 20,000 songs) so you can stream all your favorite music from one place, to any room in your home
- Discover more than 22 million tracks on demand
- Create a custom radio station or try I'm Feeling Lucky radio and enjoy fresh music based on your listening habits with unlimited skips and no ads
- Listening to the music you love just got even faster and more flexible:
- Enjoy all the features of your Google Play Music app in Hi-Fi sound by playing directly to Sonos from Android devices
- Use the Google Play Music app to start a song in any room and control the volume without ever leaving the app
- For full access of all your music services and multi-room control, use the Sonos app to stream all the music you love to any room