G.SKILL has announced that it will be hosting the 2014 G.SKILL OC World Cup overclocking contest. Winner of the contest will receive $10,000 in cash, one of the largest single cash prizes in competitive overclocking History. The G.SKILL OC World Cup will take place during the 2014 Computex trade-show held in Taipei Taiwan.
To qualify for the event, online qualifiers will be held at HWBOT between March 24th and and April 27th which will include 3 Benchmarks including highest memory frequency, SuperPi 32M, and 3DMark Fire Strike. This will determine the top six online qualifiers to compete in the live finals at Computex 2014. "OC World Cup 2014 will be a great opportunity for extreme overclockers to showcase their skills to the world and a chance to take home the largest single cash prize in OC history, so overclockers better step up their game for a shot to win USD $10,000!" commented by Frank Hung - Product Marketing at G.SKILL
- OC World Cup Champion : USD $10,000
- 2nd: G.SKILL TridentX DDR3 2666MHz CL10 16GB(4x4GB) + G.SKILL TridentX DDR3 2800MHz 32GB(4x8GB)
- 3rd: G.SKILL TridentX DDR3 2800MHz 32GB(4x8GB)
- > NEXT STORY: DICE has released the official trailer for Battlefield 4 Naval Strike
- < PREVIOUS STORY: RumorTT: Nintendo's next-gen console will blend portable with console