Today, Xilence announced the return of their prized SSD/HHD docking chassis for 5.25-inch drive bays. The docks have been designed to fit two 2.5-inch SSDs into a single 5.25-inch drive bay and provide hot swap connectivity. Additionally, the SSD Dock provides an additional two USB 3.0 front ports when the 19-pin plug is connected to a motherboard-based USB 3.0 headers.
"We had a very good feedback in the past regarding the internal removable storage media device and decided to sale it also in new portfolio because of the customer feedback," said Michael Albes, chairman of Xilence. The SSD docks are ideal for those who are running older systems that lack 2.5-inch drive housing, or for those who might need extra storage space.
- Hot-Swapping for easiest HDD/SSD switching
- Suited for two 6,35cm (2,5") HDD or SSD
- Extends the case by two USB 3.0 ports
- Easy installation in a 13,34cm (5,25") drive bay
- Material: SECC Steel
- Material front panel: ABS synthetical
- Installation: Installation in 13,34cm (5,25") drive bay
- HDD support: 2x 6,35cm (2,5") HDD or SSD
- LED: 2x HDD status display
- Number of USB-Ports: 2x USB 3.0
- USB connector: 19pin USB 3.0 connector (internal)
- > NEXT STORY: Sony has some exclusive content for Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Infinity Ward exec says Call of Duty players are not Gamers