I wish this were me doing the video, but I'll continue to dream for now. The team at Oculus have received their first Rift off the production line, and have done a nice unboxing video for the world.
They've also taken the time to announce through the Oculus blog that developer kits will begin shipping to the earliest Kickstarter backers by March 29. Once the dev kit ships to the backer, they'll receive an e-mail confirmation so that they can track their Rift as it is shipping to their door. Oculus expect to deliver between 1000-1500 units per week until they've fulfilled all of their orders.
The Oculus Rift developer kit comes with a plethora of goodies, including:
- 1x Rift Development Kit + Control Box (6ft cable)
- 1x Hard-Shell Case
- 1x 3ft Mini USB Cable
- 1x 3ft DVI Cable
- 1x 3ft HDMI Cable
- 1x 6ft HDMI Cable
- 1x HDMI / DVI Adapter
- 3x Pairs of Lens Cups (Focal Adjustment)
- 1x Power Cord with Adapter
- 3x International Plug Adapters
It's great to see Oculus taking care of international users, including 3 international plug adapters. It's these little things that show they're listening to users, and helping out in anyway they can to make developing on the Rift as easy as possible.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:34 am CDT
- > NEXT STORY: NVIDIA announce the first ever GeForce eSports World of Tanks Open Tournament
- < PREVIOUS STORY: RumorTT: FCC chairman to step down tomorrow