The basic rundown
One of the reasons many teams, events and personalities get sponsored isn't solely due to the raw amount of followers that they have on social media or hits they get on their website.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to offer a wide range of exposure and service offerings to the companies that you want to obtain sponsorship from and keep their support flowing. Looking into massive gaming organizations like Fnatic, you can see that not only do they offer logo's on the jerseys of their players competing in global competitive gaming events, but they offer things like reviews, coaching, YouTube guides, event support, competitions and much more.
Looking into GGF's offerings, their basic structure includes:
- Logo exposure at live events
- Display setup at live events - including sponsored PC systems
- Prize giveaways for LAN competitions
- Video and written reviews on supplied products
- Sponsor event support - assisting with on-ground activities at events
- Free-loan of hardware including full computer systems to all sponsors for their events
- Sponsored PC builds - to be taken and displayed by the sponsors as they see fit
- Staff support for exhibitions in the form of PC build/maintenance and customer support
- Social media promotion
This is the main brunt of what's on offer, there's a few smaller things that we haven't included, but as you can see the list is rather extensive. There's obviously a downside to this list, given that sponsors are always going to try and take as many services as they can for minimal cost, sometimes the effort needed to keep them happy isn't worth the pay output at the end of the day.
As gaming and eSports is still in its infancy, most people write off this extended work as helping support the community as a whole and to solidify the future of their business. As I said, it doesn't happen all the time - but we warn you to be wary of companies trying to use your services more than they should to make that bit of extra exposure, look out for yourself!
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:33 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [An introduction and what to expect from this article]
- Page 2 [Acquisition of sponsors and offering a variety of support]
- Page 3 [Offering online support and Final Thoughts]