You want something for 'free', but what do you have to do to get it?
Everybody likes free stuff, or so I'm told. Contrary to popular belief, sponsorships aren't just about rocking up wearing a sponsor logo tattooed on your forehead and expecting a wealth of funding, travel and perks to come flowing at you. This following article is the first part in our series, aiming to give you some insider tips and tricks to aide your process.
I took a few hours of my time to sit down with a man who I used to sponsor, Stuart Tonks from GGF LAN events and had a quick discussion about his process for acquiring a sponsor and keeping them happy. In my personal opinion, GGF LAN provides one of the best sponsorship packages seen globally - not necessarily because of raw views or their constant update of content, but largely due to their constant support, feedback and willingness to go the extra mile for their supporters.
Throughout this article we'll cover a few facets of sponsorship that Tonks and his crew offers their perspective and current sponsors, alongside looking a little deeper into aspects that are important.
This is by no means a be all and end all or complete guide to obtaining or keeping a sponsorship, but if you're looking to nab some gear or funding for yourself - I would highly suggest considering some of these points on offer. If you have any questions about this article or wish to follow up on anything, please don't hesitate to contact me through my Facebook page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [An introduction and what to expect from this article]
- Page 2 [Acquisition of sponsors and offering a variety of support]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- Warren Spector debuts System Shock 3 pre-alpha preview
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today