Getting Started with Qsync
With the new QTS firmware or operating system from QNAP, they introduced a new set of applications to make is easier to access your files on the go. The basis of this was to ensure maximum compatibility across devices and aide in the user experience from those devices. The basis of the entire cloud operation on QTS lies within Qsync. From the menu system, we have the ability to setup Qsync for our PC and Macintosh devices, then additional access for mobile devices is configured through QFile.
Qsync is an application that installs on both Windows and Macintosh based systems. Here we have initialized setup for our test system on Windows 8.1.
Within the setup menu, we have to find our network appliance. There are two ways to go about this - we can search for the NAS or enter the IP address manually. At the bottom of the installer, you can change where you would like your Qsync directory placed.
We chose, in our setup, to use the search function. Here we the software quickly found the NAS on our network.
Here we are in the last stages of setup, where QNAP has put together an overview in each slide of how to use Qsync.
Now that installation is complete, you can see we now have a Qsync folder placed in our favorites. This allows us to drag and drop files from our PC to the NAS or vice versa and at the same time if you have multiple PCs or Macintosh systems connected, share files across the network with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Fallout 76 Impressions - An all round learning experience
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6