Nearly every major case mod these days features sleeved cables. They neaten up the interior appearance of a build as well as being a major factor in establishing the colour scheme the builder is aiming for. But have you ever wondered how people go about sleeving or how hard it is? The basics of sleeving are not an overly difficult skill to learn, but it can quickly become time consuming depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Sleeving is a never ending process as it's not really a permanent installation so changing colors and types whenever you wish is completely possible, even being able to re-theme a whole set of cables for a new project or color scheme.
In this guide I will be going over the basic methods of applying sleeve to the most typical cable types as well as some of the most common materials used.
Before I go any further I would like to thank SilverStone for supplying its Strider Essential Series 400w power supply that will be used in this guide. It's a great little unit and will go towards powering the Tweak Town [email protected] Prodigy Project once it's completed.
So back to the job at hand - let's untangle the tricks of cable sleeving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo adds 3 new NES Games to Switch Online service
- Super Smash Bros. UItimate patch 'next week', kills replays
- Noise complaint results in cops battling in Smash Ultimate
- The Game Awards 2018 viewership doubled over last year
- Smash Bros. Ultimate sales reach 1.3 million units in Japan
- Next Skin Serum Reviews: Price, Shark Tank and Where to Buy
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender