Nearly every major case mod these days features sleeved cables. They neaten up the interior appearance of a build as well as being a major factor in establishing the colour scheme the builder is aiming for. But have you ever wondered how people go about sleeving or how hard it is? The basics of sleeving are not an overly difficult skill to learn, but it can quickly become time consuming depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Sleeving is a never ending process as it's not really a permanent installation so changing colors and types whenever you wish is completely possible, even being able to re-theme a whole set of cables for a new project or color scheme.
In this guide I will be going over the basic methods of applying sleeve to the most typical cable types as well as some of the most common materials used.
Before I go any further I would like to thank SilverStone for supplying its Strider Essential Series 400w power supply that will be used in this guide. It's a great little unit and will go towards powering the Tweak Town F@H Prodigy Project once it's completed.
So back to the job at hand - let's untangle the tricks of cable sleeving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Tools]
- Page 3 [The Basics of Sleeve and Heat Shrink]
- Page 4 [Cable Preparation and Plug Removal]
- Page 5 [Sleeve Preparation and Installation]
- Page 6 [Five Minute Fan Guide]
- Page 7 [Heat Shrink and Final Steps]
- Page 8 [Bundled and Larger Cables]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada