Title: "Mass Effect"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: BioWare Corp.
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Product Overview:"Mass Effect" is a science-fiction action and role-playing game (RPG)created by BioWare, the commercially and critically acclaimed RPGdeveloper of "Jade Empire" and "Star Wars: Knights of the OldRepublic." "Mass Effect" will deliver an immersive, story-drivengameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published byMicrosoft Game Studios, "Mass Effect" is an exclusive title for theXbox 360 video game system.
As the first humans on the galacticstage, players must uncover the greatest threat to civilization. Theirjob is complicated by the fact that no one will believe the truth, butthe world must be convinced of the grave threat at hand.
Playerswill travel across an expansive universe to piece the mystery together.As they discover and explore the uncharted edges of the galaxy, theycome closer to an overwhelming truth - learning that the placid andserene universe they know is about to come to a violent end and thatthey may be the only people who can stop it!
- Incrediblescience-fiction RPG with a rich, engaging story line. On a distantplanet an amazing discovery is made. Players must determine the fate ofhumanity as they lead an elite tactical strike force in an effort tostop an entity so malevolent that it threatens to tear apart the veryfiber of galactic civilization. "Mass Effect" will take players to newdepths for an action-RPG, where, unlike in most RPGs, they will befaced with morally complex decisions that have significant impact onthe fate of all life in the galaxy. Players must succeed in their quest- no matter what the cost.
- Exploring uncharted worlds anduncovering a mystery that defies imagination. In addition to the mainstory arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number ofuncharted, unexplored planets that are side quests independent from themain story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose toexplore one of these planets and have an opportunity to discover newalien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
- Real-time,squad-based combat. "Mass Effect" features a real-time, squad-basedtactical combat system. Players will enjoy intense, challenging andexciting third-person action and squad-based combat. Players and theirsquad-mates will be able to engage the enemy with ranged weapons andcovering fire, biotic powers and science-based magic, and technologicalpowers - all of which will be accompanied by amazing visual and physicseffects that will add tremendous excitement and drama to thebattlefield. Whether they use powerful biotic powers or the latest inmilitary hardware, players will be well-equipped to take on whatevercomes their way
- Credible digital actors. "Mass Effect" willfeature a huge cast of incredibly realistic nonplayer characters,enemies and party members. Each of the characters encountered will haverealistic facial and body movements. A revolutionary advanced dialogueand AI system gives them engaging personalities, creating individualsso realistic they will seem like the first true "digital actors" everseen in a video game. The resulting experience is one in which playerswill feel as if they are part of a rich, living world.
- Charactercustomization and deep role-playing systems. Players will be able tochoose from and customize a variety of stunning, photo-realisticcharacter appearances at the start of the game, and can increasevarious statistics that will affect their performance during gameplay.The reward system in "Mass Effect" is deep, well-integrated andextremely engaging. New equipment, weapons and armor that are acquiredduring the course of the story will change the appearance of thecharacters. "Mass Effect" will give players a huge breadth ofadditional customization options for their characters, weapons andvehicles. Talents and abilities will be upgradeable, and advancedtalent options will become available at higher levels. Weapons andvehicles will be customizable to include various effects, abilities andupgrades. Each character class will have unique talents and abilitiesthat will increase in power as players progress through the game.
- Next-generationgaming defined. "Mass Effect" takes full advantage of the hardware ofXbox 360, providing players with exciting new experiences, includingphoto-realistic, high-definition graphics on an epic scale, andamazingly realistic characters who bring the world alive. Players willbe immersed in a massive universe of unbelievable scale, meetcharacters who feel real and, most important, interact with them inways that have never been possible before. As the future of gaming goesonline, premium downloadable content and recognition of achievementswill be available via the Xbox Live online game service.
Developer Information:BioWare Corp. is a developer of computer and console video gamesfocused on rich stories and memorable characters. Currently indevelopment are "Mass Effect" (for Xbox 360) and "Dragon Age" (forPC), two brand-new intellectual properties created and owned byBioWare, with "Mass Effect" to be published by Microsoft Game Studios.BioWare's new studio in Austin, Texas, has begun work on a newmassively multiplayer online (MMO) game, BioWare's first entry into theMMO space. BioWare's Technology Architecture Group is also developingthe cutting-edge, next-generation BioWare Eclipse Engine technologyfor multiple platforms. Almost 3 million registered users make upBioWare's online fan community at http://www.bioware.com, while the company's online store at http://store.bioware.comprovides fans with merchandise and new content for their favoriteBioWare titles. Other previously published projects include theaction-RPG of 2005 for Xbox, "Jade Empire," the 2003 Game of the Yearcurrently in development for the PC, "Star Wars: Knights of the OldRepublic" for Xbox and PC, the award-winning "Neverwinter Nights"series, and the genre-defining "Baldur's Gate" RPG series for the PC.Information about employment at BioWare can be found online at http://jobs.bioware.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de